Lafayette General Medical Center
1214 Coolidge Blvd.
Lafayette, LA 70503
289-8600 (Community Relations)
President/CEO: David L. Callecod, FACHE
To restore, maintain and improve health.
- 353-staffed beds
- Completed $70 million renovation project, October 2011
- $51.5 million emergency department renovation underway
- Largest full-service, acute-care medical center in Acadiana
- Non-for-profit, locally owned: net revenue is reinvested into the organization for new equipment, facilities, and technology to better care for the people we serve.
- Accredited by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Health Care Organizations
- Infection Rate: Based on the benchmarks from the Centers of Disease Control, Lafayette General is consistently better than the median infection rates.
- Received 2013 Innov8 Award for first telemedicine clinic in Acadiana.
- May, 2009: Introduced a model of care and behavior involving employees and physicians that significantly enhanced the quality of care throughout the hospital and improved communication.
- Consequently, LGMC was honored, in July 2011, as The Studer Group's Health Care Organization of the Month. Chosen among 800 hospitals nationwide, our hospital was recognized for its astounding achievements in creating a culture of service.
- 2011 Inpatient Satisfaction Scores (Press Ganey Surveys): May-96%, June-99%, July-99%, August-98%, September-99%
- Named the Studer Group's Most Improved Hospital in Patient Satisfaction, 2010
- October, 2011: David Callecod, President/ CEO, FACHE, inducted into Studer Group's Fire Starter Hall of Fame. ... "For guiding and supporting an organization's commitment to excellence and keeping the true spirit of an organization alive and flourishing... Recognized as one of the most passionate, committed and influential health care industry leaders, and a compassionate difference maker."
- Cancer Center of Acadiana (CCA) is a Comprehensive Cancer Program Since 2012
- In April, 2013, CCA Awarded Three-Year Accreditation by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer
- HealthGrades General Surgery Excellence Award, 2012
- Ranked #1 in Louisiana by HealthGrades for General Surgery, 2012
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award, 2011, 2010
- Ranked Among the top 5% Best in the Nation and #1 in Louisiana for Overall Orthopedic Services: (Joint Replacement, Spine Surgery, Total Knee Replacement, Hip Fracture Repair, Back & Neck Surgery.)
- Named #1 in Louisiana for major orthopedic surgery by CareChex, 2010
- Ranked #2 in Louisiana in Overall Orthopedics and GI Services by HealthGrades, 2012
- Named #1 in Louisiana for major neurosurgery, by CareChex, 2010
- The neuroscience center was awarded Center of Excellence status by NeuStrategy in recognition of resources dedicated to neurology patients, described as a "hospital within a hospital"
- Received special recognition at the 2012 International Stroke Conference as an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- Received a Bronze Award under the American Heart Association/American Stroke Assocaition's "Get With the Guidelines" program, recognizing hospitals that demonstrate a high level of compliance with criteria
- Ranked 2nd in Louisiana for Vascular Surgery
- Five-Star Rated for Carotid Surgery 3 years in a row (2008-2010)
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Prostatectomy Excellence Award, 2011, 2010
- Ranked Among the top 5% Best in the Nation for Prostatectomy
- HealthGrades Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award, 2012
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Gastrointestinal Surgery Excellence Award 3 years in a row (2008-2010)
- Ranked Among the Top 10% Best in the Nation for GI Surgery 3 years in a row (2008-2010)
- HealthGrades Gastrointestinal Surgery Excellence Award, 2010
- Top performer in the Nation on CMS/ Premier Hospital Quality Incentive Demonstration for Coronary Artery Bypass
- Recipient of the "Silver Bear" Award, 2011, from the Governor's Emergency Medical Services for Children Council, meeting nationally-recognized criteria for pediatric emergency care
- Gift (Guided Infant Feeding Techniques) Certified facility by the Louisiana Maternal and Child Health Coalition and the Louisiana Perinatal Commission
- Voted Best Emergency Room by the Times of Acadiana "Best of" Poll 2010
- 2010 Recipient of Press Ganey's Top Improver Award for Emergency Departments
- Voted Best Emergency Room by the Times of Acadiana "Best of" Poll 2011
- Voted Best Emergency Room by the Times of Acadiana "Best of" Poll 2012
- Recipient of Excellence in Patient Care for Physicians Award from The Studer Group, 2010
- HealthGrades Patient Safety Excellence Award, 2009
- Patient Safety Award for Overall Medical Care from CareChex
- 2011/2012 Consumer Choice Award by the National Research Corporation based on best doctors, best nurses, best image and best reputation
- 2012/2013 Consumer Choice Award by the National Research Corporation
based on best doctors, best nurses, best image and best reputation, the eight time LGMC has won the award
- Named America's Best 100 Hospitals for Patient Experience by WomenCertified
- Received the 2012 Press Ganey Top Improver Award, recognizing excellence in clinical performance, dedication to continuous improvement in clinical core measures and improvement in patient satisfaction
- Voted Best Hospital and Best Cancer Center by the Times of Acadiana "Best of" Poll 2012
- Designated a Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, as well as the Surgical Review Corporation
- Performed first Open Heart surgery in Acadiana
- Performed first Craniotomy in Acadiana
- Southern Eye Bank's "Hospital of the Year" Award, 2011, 2012
- One of only a few hospitals from around the world chosen as a host site for a live surgical procedure broadcast to the largest peripheral vascular conference in the U.S. in 2012
- Recognized as one of the nation's Most Wired by Hospitals and Health Networks magazine based on the hospitals information technology. LGMC was the only large hospital in Louisiana to land the 2012 award.
Lafayette General Surgical Hospital
Lafayette General Imaging
Cancer Center of Acadiana
Family Health Plaza (Minor Emergency Clinic)- River Ranch
Family Health Plaza South- Sugar Mill Pond, Youngsville
St. Martin Hospital
Cardiovascular Institute of the South
Savoy Medical Center- Mamou
Opelousas General Health System
Abbeville General Hospital